Complaints against licensed appraisers or Appraisal Management Companies will not be accepted unless the appropriate complaint form (see below) is completed, signed and dated in compliance with California Code of Regulations Title 10, Chapter 6.5, Section 3726.
- Consumer's Guide - A Consumer's Guide to Filing a Complaint and the Investigation Process.
- Licensed Appraiser Complaint Form - Download the complaint form and instructions.
- Appraisal Management Company Complaint Form - Download the AMC complaint form and instructions.
There are four types of investigations commonly conducted by OREA, which are described in the following table:
|Type of Investigation||Sources||Typical Allegations|
OREA imposes disciplinary sanctions, when appropriate, which may include:
- Public or private reproval;
- Additional education requirements;
- Special conditions on a license.